Today, more than ever, I’ve found it important to keep a positive attitude. With everything going on, it can be easy to fall into negative thinking and worrying. Whether you are leading an organization or are an important part of the warehouse team, everyone is attracted to people with cheery attitudes. For some people this comes naturally, for others it takes practice, thoughtfulness and awareness. If optimism comes easy for you, please encourage others to look at things in a more positive light. If you struggle to see the bright side, perhaps some of these tips may help you.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Look for people that are positive and upbeat, and then spend time with them. Their attitude will wear off on you!
- Instead of looking at obstacles as challenges to get through, look at them as opportunities to grow and learn. Life is more about perception, which can turn into your reality.
- Lose the “What’s in it for me?” mentality. If you feel that you are owed nothing for the work you do, then it will be easier to serve others. Having a victim-mindset often takes your control. Stay focused on the things you can control and don’t worry about the “what ifs”. Deal with issues as they come; don’t let them hold you back now. Remember that hard work brings good things and if/when things get difficult, keep on going.
- Stop complaining! Admittedly, this is one I find difficult. It’s better to come up with solutions and alternatives, rather than complain about the cards you were dealt.
- Assume responsibility and respond accordingly. Let’s face it. We don’t always make good decisions. When we do make a poor choice, how we respond to it makes a huge difference. Listen to each other and be open-minded. Together, you may find a solution better than you started with.
- Be nice! It’s hard for anyone not to like a nice person. Kill them with kindness!
- Look at the long game, not the short-term solution. More often than not, if we step back and look at the big picture, the little things that bothered us will seem insignificant.
- Embrace routine. Routines make habits and good habits influence our personality.
- Fake it until you make it! This goes hand-in-hand with routine. If you’re faking it, eventually, you’ll realize that being positive is your new normal. It will also make your life easier and more enjoyable.
- LAUGH! Laughing and smiling are an important part of a good disposition!
It’s not always easy to keep a good attitude and can be especially difficult with all the things currently taking place, I promise you, it will be worth it. Positivity and optimism can bring you a happier life and more success in business!
– Craig Gaspar